The Event: The Budding Out Festival at Peckerwood Garden is a prime venue for plant and horticultural suppliers, art and artisan vendors and non-profits to offer their merchandise and information to premium buyers from the Austin-Houston-Dallas area. Food, drink and music will be offered along with the opportunity to stroll the garden. Peckerwood Garden will offer its own plants for sale, including some exceptionally unobtainable or unusual plants.
Time and Date: Saturday, March 28th, 2020. Peckerwood Garden members have exclusive early access from 9:00 am to 10:00 am, whereas the general public (non-members) will enter the festival at 10:00 am. The event ends at 4:00 pm. The event will be held rain or shine.
Vendor Setup/takedown: Vendors may set up Friday, March 27th, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, and on Saturday morning from 6:30 am to 8:45 am. All vendor vehicles/trailers must be moved to designated vendor parking spots before 9:00 am Saturday morning when the show opens. Takedown starts no earlier than 4:00 pm on Saturday and ends at dusk. Takedown can also occur Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Due to soft ground and sensitive tree roots, we can not allow vehicles to drive on the grass to their site. All supplies and inventory must be carried in, so please bring your own hand carts. The distance to the farthest vendor sites from the vehicle unloading point will not exceed 200 feet.
Security: We will not offer security before during or after the event. Items left overnight are at your own risk. We recommend that valuable inventory and supplies be set up Saturday morning. No vendor will be allowed to sleep on the grounds of the garden in their vehicle/camper, nor will a vendor be allowed to enter the property before/after the designated setup/takedown times.
Vendor Booth Space: Vendor spaces are free this year. In the form below you will have the option to specify your space requirements. The event will be held in our arboretum and bordering areas, so most spaces will have part shade. Since we can not guarantee full shade, pop-up tents or similar canopies are recommended. A water hose will be available near each plant vendor site, but each vendor is responsible for bringing water as needed. Our limited electrical outlets near the festival site are reserved for our food vendor and the musical band. The use of “silent generators” or other means of power must be approved by the festival committee in advance.
Additional rules for vendors:
- The vendor booth and display must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. Anything hammered or driven into the ground (beyond standard tent stakes less than 12” long) must be approved by Peckerwoood personnel. Similarly, nothing may be attached to or hung from trees or other garden features without approval.
- Displays must stay within the lawn or mulched areas and may not extend into plant beds. We reserve the right to limit displays that detract from the Garden's ambiance.
- We can not provide tables, chairs, tents or other equipment.
- We reserve the right to deny vendors for any reason.
- We will not have a central holding location for visitor’s purchases and ask that vendors agree to give
their customers the option to hold their paid-for purchases at their booths.
- Plant vendors are responsible for having their valid nursery licenses.
- Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying sales tax on items sold.
- Vendors may not take down their booths earlier than the 4:00 pm conclusion of the festival.
- Vendors are responsible for removing garbage and litter. Sites must be left appearing as they were prior to setup.
To reserve a display space for this event, please complete and submit this form. Fields with an asterisk are required.