Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Peckerwood Garden.
Watch the below slideshow of the work our volunteers have done, them at work, them in class, and events they have helped with. See the areas volunteers work, some of what they do, and see them at work.[rev_slider alias=”Volunteers”]
We look forward to getting to know you and in working with you. Volunteers are a major part of what we do and in ensuring our success. We would not be here without you and we are working to develop a strong program of benefit to our volunteers and to us.
- Opportunities for volunteers include garden work, nursery work, events, Open Days, becoming a docent, and more.
- Garden work, consisting of weeding, clearing, planting, and more is available every Tuesday and Friday. See the detailed description of these positions in the table below.
- Nursery work is available at events, on garden work days, and on specially scheduled days. This includes weeding, cleaning, assisting guests, nursery sales, and more. See the table below for details of the nursery work in each category.
- Office work is available as needed, see below for the possible positions. These will be primarily short term special projects.
- Event work is available at all scheduled events and with some private tours. This includes greeting, tour assistant, nursery sales, ticket sales, parking direction, and more. See the table below for details of each position, The Open Days positions are consistent and training is available, check these if you are interested in events and weekend volunteer hours.
- Docents are needed to lead tours and assist guests. Monthly training is scheduled to expand docent skills and knowledge. Docents first attend individual new training sessions, then 2 monthly training sessions, and assist on at least 4 tours with varied other docents. Practice time with another docent is recommended. At that point a meeting with staff will confirm readiness and provide feedback to us and to the docent. Monthly training is available and recommended for all docents and docent trainees as development and refresher.
New Volunteers may Apply Here for the opportunities listed below.
Current volunteers may login here to view their schedule, change their schedule, update their information, and check for news and opportunities.
Apply here for a volunteer position at Peckerwood Garden Conservation Foundation.
Items with an asterisk beside them are required.
Please complete the form as completely as possible so we may better work with you and offer you the positions will be interested in working with.